Product Claims: VLCC Matte Look Sun Screen Lotion is a broad-spectrum sunscreen, with SPF 30 and PA+++ which provides long duration sun protection from both UVA and UVB rays. Enriched with Pineapple extract, it hydrates the skin leaving it soft and supple. Its non-sticky formula, gets absorbed quickly and provides a matte finish.
Key Ingredients: Almond Oil, White Sandalwood extracts, Jojoba Oil, Turmeric extract, Pineapple extracts, Aloe Vera extract, Zinc Oxide, Cucumber Extract, Carrot seed oil, Germinated Wheat Oil, Lotion base QS.
How to use: Apply liberally and evenly on the face and neck, 15-20 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply frequently for long duration sun exposure.
Price: INR 236 for 100 grams.
Packaging: VLCC Matte Look Sun Screen Lotion SPF 30 PA+++ comes in a white tube with orange cap. The packaging is leak-proof, sturdy and travel friendly.
My Experience: A sunscreen is the most important product of a skincare routine that protects the skin from the damaging rays of the sun. Sun rays are known to cause pigmentation, tanning, premature aging and other skin issues. I have tried several sunscreens in the past and VLCC Matte Look Sun Screen Lotion SPF 30 PA+++ is one of them.
Although I don’t remember when I purchased this sunscreen, I have used it several times and found it to be one good product.
What I like about the product
- VLCC Matte Look Sun Screen Lotion SPF 30 PA+++ has a thick, creamy consistency and is slightly tinted. You can use it instead of a regular foundation if you do not like to wear makeup daily.
- VLCC Matte Look Sun Screen Lotion SPF 30 PA+++ is non-sticky, lightweight, blends well and is easily absorbed into the skin without leaving a whitish layer.
- It gives a matte finish to the skin. I have dry skin and it suits my skin.
- VLCC Matte Look Sun Screen Lotion SPF 30 PA+++ has SPF 30 which is adequate for protection from sun rays. However, you need to reapply it every 2-3 hours to prevent damage.
- Has PA+++ which is the maximum protection provided by a sunscreen from UVA rays.
- VLCC Matte Look Sun Screen Lotion SPF 30 PA+++ is free of parabens.
- It is more affordable than other sunscreens in the market. 100 grams of this product is available for INR 315 (I found some great discounts online).
- VLCC products are easily available-both online and in stores.
- It smells delicious! It has a fruity smell that disappears after some time.
- VLCC Matte Look Sun Screen Lotion SPF 30 PA+++ has a travel-friendly packaging and it is convenient to carry in a bag.
What I don’t like about the product
- Although the product is meant for all skin types, I feel that VLCC Matte Look Sun Screen Lotion SPF 30 PA+++ may not give a matte finish on oily skin. People with oily skin should test the product first before purchasing it.
Verdict: VLCC Matte Look Sun Screen Lotion SPF 30 PA+++ is a good sunscreen that provides adequate protection from the sun. It is lightweight, non-sticky and gives a matte finish to the skin.
- PA–Refers to the protection from UVA rays.PA+ provides the least protection while PA+++ provides maximum protection from UVA rays.
- SPF 30–SPF 30 means that this sunscreen provides 30 times the protection of no sunscreen.
- It is important to ensure that sunscreen is applied at least 20 minutes before sun exposure and reapplied every 2-3 hours. It is the best gift that you can give your skin.
- Use of sunscreen should not be limited to the face. Neck, hands and other parts of the body which are exposed to the sun also require sun protection.