Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ Review
Product Claims:–Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF50+(PA+++) is a breakthrough in sun protection. Stabilized with helioplex, it provides superior broad-spectrum protection against skin-aging UVA and burning UVB rays, and combines it with Dry Touch technology for an ultra-light, non-shiny finish. This lightweight sunblock has a light fresh scent and is gentle enough for even sensitive skin.
Ingredients:– The most prominent and well-known ingredient in this sunscreen is Avobenzone.
Helioplex is a formulation of avobenzone (which is known for its UVA protection properties) and oxybenzone. You can read more about Helioplex technology HERE.
How to use:-Apply liberally on body 15-30 minutes before sun exposure-apply frequently to maintain protection, especially after sweating, swimming, towel drying or extended sun exposure.
Price:- INR 499 for 3 FL OZ (88 ml)
My Experience:- I was using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen SPF 55 in the USA and was quite happy with the results. Since it is not available in India, I bought Neutrogena Sunblock SPF 50 to protect my skin from the sun. Neutrogena is a reliable brand when it comes to sunscreens and this product is no exception.
Do you know that you should use a serum depending on your skin type on the face and neck before applying a sunscreen? This will ensure that the skin gets the necessary protection and nourishment it needs. Keep visiting Gorgeousmantra.com for more such beauty tips!
What I like about the product :-
- Neutrogena is a well-known brand in the sunscreen market and most of its SPF products offer excellent sun protection. The same holds true for this sunscreen as well. When used as per the given instructions it provides adequate sun protection and prevents tanning and other skin related issues.
- Avobenzone is a reliable agent that protects from UVA rays.UVA rays are known for causing many troubles for the skin. These are mainly responsible for tanning, wrinkles, fine lines and other signs of premature aging.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ offers broad spectrum protection. A broad spectrum sunscreen protects from both UVA and UVB rays.UVA rays cause aging and UVB rays are known to cause burning and skin cancer.
- SPF 50 which means that this sunscreen provides 50 times the protection of no sunscreen.
- It stays true to its waterproof and sweat proof claims. Who wants a sunscreen that wears off with sweat?
- It has a lightweight texture. It is creamy (not too runny) and is easily absorbed into the skin. It does not leave a white cast on the skin.
- It does not leave an oily shine after application.It is not mattifying but its texture is on the drier side and will not make your skin feel sticky and oily.
- It is suitable for most skin types. Although the brand claims that it works on all types of skin, people with dry skin will not find it suitable. It is better to use a moisturizing serum on dry skin before applying this sunscreen.
- This product comes at an affordable price and delivers on most of its claims.
- It suits sensitive skin.
- Very light and mild fragrance.
What I don’t like about the product :-
- If you have oily skin, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock will make skin look shiny after few hours of application. However, if you are reapplying it every few hours (which you should) then it should not be a concern.
- Although its fragrance is mild and pleasant it is not a fragrance-free product. If you like to use products free of any scent then it is not meant for you.
- It is not suitable for dry skin and you should use it with a moisturizing serum.
Verdict:-Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ is an effective sunscreen with SPF 50+ (PA+++). Its broad spectrum properties protect the skin from tanning, aging, and burning. It is waterproof ,sweat proof and can be used by all skin types(Dry skin-Use with moisturizer; Oily skin-Reapply every few hours or use a compact powder). Overall, one of the best sunscreens in an Indian market.