My First Liebster Award
I am happy to announce that my blog received its first Liebster award this week. Liebster is a German word which means dearest. This award is designed to help smaller bloggers with less than 200 followers get more exposure with the help of other bloggers. Many people think that the Liebster award is similar to a chain email/letter and while it shares similarities, the idea behind it is to help promote each others’ blogs. Thank you DSVision for the nomination! You should check out her amazing blog for some very interesting posts. I learned several new things by reading her posts and I am sure you will not be disappointed!
Here Are 10 Random Facts About Me
- I am the eldest child in my family.
- I hold a degree in management and worked for five years before I decided to take a break.
- My favorite color is black. It is the color of my eyes, hair and most of my dresses. However, I am trying hard to shop for brighter colors these days.
- I love DIY beauty treatments and have published many tried and tested remedies on my blog.
- I have a huge collection of handbags. However, I hate that I use only a few on a regular basis.
- My biggest philosophy in life is to never judge others. You do not know what is going on in their lives.
- I have a sweet tooth and find it difficult to stay away from desserts
- I am a green tea lover. In fact, I am mostly sipping my cup of green tea while writing my posts.
- I consider my family as my biggest strength.
- I don’t usually wear makeup but prefer using a bright lipstick
My Favorite Blog
I follow many blogs in different niches and it is difficult to pick a favorite. But I love the blog Beauty Banter for their awesome beauty tips. Owned by Sarah Howard, it is a very popular blog in my niche. You will find some amazing information on skincare, hair care, DIYs and makeup there. Since I have a special interest in natural home remedies, I love reading their DIY section. Apart from this, their posts on the latest make up trends are a must read if you love makeup. I think this is one blog every beauty lover would like to read.
I request the nominees to please share their thoughts in the comments section below and follow the rules mentioned in the post!
The Liebster Award Rules
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the following:
1) Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
2) Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3)Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
4)Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (Optional. However, If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
5)Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6)List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to Inform the people/blogs you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)