Product Claims: Safe Sun Long Last Sunblock with Instant Whitening Glow is an innovative sunblock which gives long hours protection from UVA/ UVB rays. Enriched with Vitamin E & herbal extracts, it provides spotless instant whitening glow for the entire day. Regular use covers dark spots, improves skin tone and protects from sun-induced damage.
- Complete Protection from UVA + UVB
- Smooth Coverage with Mattifying Glow
- Spotless instant whitening
- Protection from Tanning
- Fast absorption
- Controls melanin production
Key Ingredients: Turmeric, Tomato & Red Raspberry Extract
How to use: Cleanse thoroughly and apply all over face & neck. Re-apply every 4-5 hrs or as per the duration of sun exposure.
Pricing: INR 445 for100 grams.
Packaging: Unlike other products from the safe sun range that have orange tubes, Lotus Safe Sun Whitening+ Long Last Sunblock SPF 40 Instant Whitening Glow comes in a white tube with an orange flip top cap. The packaging is travel-friendly and leak proof.
My Experience: When a sales associate introduced Lotus Safe Sun Whitening+ Long Last Sunblock SPF 40 Instant Whitening Glow, I decided to purchase it as I have always found products from Lotus Herbals to be quite decent and their Safe Sun range has some good products at an affordable price. However, I did not like this sunblock right from the first use as it makes my skin oily after some time and leaves a pink residue on the face.
What I like about the product:
- Lotus Safe Sun Whitening+ Long Last Sunblock is a broad-spectrum sun protection formula that has SPF 40 and PA+++ and offers optimum protection from the harmful UVA and UVB rays. This level of protection is of utmost importance in Indian summers.
- Lotus Safe Sun Whitening+ Long Last Sunblock SPF 40 has a travel-friendly packaging. Its tube can be conveniently carried in a handbag when you are outdoor.
- Lotus Safe Sun Whitening+ Long Last Sunblock SPF 40 has a pinkish tint that makes it suitable for use in place of a foundation on a regular basis. While it cannot replace your makeup, a tinted sunscreen is a good product for everyday use.
- The texture is creamy (Although I find it really heavy on the skin) and non-runny so it is easier to control the quantity in each use.
- Lotus Herbals products are easily available at most of the retail stores. The products can easily be bought online as well.
- It is an affordable product and cheaper than many sun protection formulas in the market.
What I don’t like about the product:
- This product claims to be non-sticky and suitable for all skin types sun block. However, I find its application to be messy. Every time I try to apply Lotus Safe Sun Whitening+ Long Last Sunblock SPF 40 on my face, it sticks to the face, leaves a strange pinkish cast, does not blend well and is never absorbed into the skin.
- It comes in one shade that may not suit all skin tones.
- Although I have dry skin, my skin starts looking oily after using this. I don’t think it will suit people with oily skin (especially in the summer months).
- Lotus Safe Sun Whitening+ Long Last Sunblock SPF 40 has a strange smell that I do not find pleasant.
- This product contains parabens. Parabens are a class of preservatives used in the cosmetic industry and concerns have been raised about their effect on health.Those who avoid using products with parabens will not be happy with the ingredient list.
Verdict: There are many effective sun protection formulas available in the market that are light on the skin and prevent damage. Lotus Safe Sun Whitening+ Long Last Sunblock SPF 40 is one product that I will not be buying again.
- PA–Refers to the protection from UVA rays.PA+ provides the least protection while PA+++ provides maximum protection from UVA rays.
- SPF 40–SPF 40 means that this sunscreen provides 40 times the protection of no sunscreen.
- It is important to ensure that sunscreen is applied at least 20 minutes before sun exposure and reapplied every 2-3 hours. It is the best gift that you can give your skin.
- Use of sunscreen should not be limited to the face. Neck, hands and other parts of the body which are exposed to the sun also require sun protection.