Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Block SPF 30 PA++ Review
Product Claims: Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Block SPF 30 PA++ (Indian Summer Formula)has been formulated especially for the Indian summer. It contains Parsol 1789 and black plum extract for complete protection against the harmful UVA and UVB rays, preventing skin from tanning and aging. Good for all parts of the body reapply frequently for maximum protection.
Ingredients: Black plum extract: Astringent and moisturizing, Octyl methoxycinnamate: Organic UV-B sunscreen agent, Zinc cote: Physical sunscreen agent, micro fine, Titanium dioxide: Physical sunscreen agent, Benzophenone 3: Excellent organic UV-A sunscreen agent.
How To Use: Apply cream liberally and evenly on face and exposed parts of the body before exposure to the sun. The cream will not get washed/wiped with water/sweat.
Price: INR 295 for 100 grams
Packaging: Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Block SPF 30 PA++ comes in a tube that can be easily squeezed.It is protected by a cap which does not allow any spillage.Overall, the packaging is good and travel-friendly.
What I like about the product
- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Block SPF 30 PA++ is a thick and creamy textured product. Its consistency is neither thick nor runny which makes it easier to handle the product.
- It is a non-sticky sunscreen. It does not feel heavy on the face after application.
- It is a broad-spectrum sunscreen with PA++ and SPF (See Note) which provides sufficient protection from both UVA and UVB rays. UVA rays cause premature aging and tanning while UVB rays cause burning.
- This sunblock comes in a travel-friendly packaging. Since it is easy to carry this tube in the bag, you can reapply it as and when you want.
- Lotus Herbals products are easily available-both online and in stores.
- This sunscreen is suitable for use on dry skin.Skin does not feel stretchy after its use.
- It is a marketed as a sweat-proof product and it performs well on this front.
- It does not leave a white cast or makes skin greasy when used on dry or normal skin. However, I feel that it is not the best option for oily skin and there are a number of gel based products in the market that are specially meant for oily skin type.
- It is a more affordable option as compared to the other good sunscreens in the market.
What I don’t like about the product
- Although the brand recommends using this product on all skin types, it is best suited for dry skin. A patch test would be required for sensitive skin and people will oily skin will find it on the heavier side.
- Although the product has been labeled as waterproof, it is washed off easily with water.
- Application of Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Block is not very smooth. It takes some time for the product to spread and get absorbed into the skin.
- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Block SPF 30 contains parabens.Parabens are a class of preservatives used in the cosmetic industry and concerns have been raised about their effect on health.Those who avoid using products with parabens will not be happy with the ingredient list.
Verdict: Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Block SPF 30 PA++ (Indian Summer Formula) is a good product at an affordable price.It provides decent protection from the sun’s rays and is a sweatproof product.
However, this product is not sufficiently waterproof and will not suit oily skin.
- PA-Refers to the protection from UVA rays.PA+ provides the least protection while PA+++ provides maximum protection from UVA rays.
- SPF 30-SPF 30 means that this sunscreen provides 30 times the protection of no sunscreen.
- It is important to ensure that sunscreen is applied at least 20 minutes before sun exposure and reapplied every 2-3 hours. It is the best gift that you can give your skin.
- Use of sunscreen should not be limited to the face. Neck, hands and other parts of the body which are exposed to the sun also require sun protection.