Kama Ayurveda Jwalini Retexturizing Skin Treatment Oil Review
Product Claims: – Prescribed in Ayurveda as a treatment for smooth, soft and clear skin, this oil treatment is formulated from natural herbs processed in pure Coconut milk and Sesame oil. Helps clear up skin irritation and itching. It is an excellent after-sun remedy for sunburn, tanned or hyper-pigmentation. Contains Costus and Cardamom which are known for their ‘Varneekarana’ properties – the ability to enhance skin texture and treat irritation. Regular use results in healthier, softer skin that is visibly smoother and radiant.
Ingredients: – Jwalini Retexturizing Skin Treatment Oil is a 100 % natural oil with some of the best skincare ingredients like Coconut Oil, Sesame, Coconut Milk, Costus, Indian Frankincense, Pine, Lavender, and Cardamom.
Coconut Oil-Coconut Oil is a beauty must-have and is known for many beauty benefits. It is a natural moisturizer, heals dry skin and brightens the complexion.
Sesame-Sesame has been traditionally used for improving skin texture, diminishing fine line and preventing signs of aging.
Costus-Costus is a herb that has calming properties and treats mild irritations. It is another common ingredient of Ayurveda beauty products.
Cardamom- Many will be surprised to know that green cardamom has beauty benefits too. This aromatic spice is not just a regular kitchen ingredients. It is an effective agent that soothes skin inflammation.
How to use: – Although not necessary, it is recommended to heat the oil beforehand. To heat, simply immerse in warm water in the sink for a couple of minutes.
Massage gently all over the body, ideally before taking shower, a steam bath or sauna. The hot temperature stimulates circulation bringing blood towards the skin surface, opening the glands so they can drink the nourishing oil.
For best results, cleanse post-treatment with Kama Soap-free Body Cleanser or a mild soap.
Price: –INR 351 for 100 ml
My Experience:- I was shopping on nykaa.com when I found the trial packs of Kama Ayurveda Jwalini Retexturizing Skin Treatment Oil, Kama Ayurveda Foot Scrub, and Kama Ayurveda Ubtan Soap Free Body Cleanser. Delighted, I immediately grabbed the offer and received these a few days later. I have used Jwalini Retexturizing Skin Treatment Oil daily for three weeks and ready to review it today.My skin is on the drier side and with a change in season, I had a few dry patches. I used this oil on my face and body before the shower and loved the way my skin felt after using it- it was such a spa-like feeling. While the oil worked perfectly for my face and body, I didn’t find it moisturizing enough on the dry patches.
What I like about the product:
- Jwalini Retexturizing Skin Treatment Oil is a light and non-greasy oil which gets absorbed into the skin without leaving an oily sheen. It should be massaged for some time before it is soaked by the skin.
- This product delivers on most of its claims-it enhances complexion, nourishes, soothes and makes the skin look radiant and bright when used regularly.
- Jwalini Retexturizing Skin Treatment Oil helps in getting rid of tan and pigmentation when used on a regular basis.
- The ingredient list is impressive. It contains pure coconut oil and sesame oil with other ingredients that are known for several proven beauty benefits.
- Like other products from Kama Ayurveda, it is a 100% organic product free of chemicals and preservatives.
- It can be used to soothe the skin after a day out in the sun.
- This oil can be used on the entire body including the face which makes it a complete package!
What I don’t like about the product:
- It has a strong herbal fragrance which can be unpleasant to people who are sensitive to smells.However, the good thing is that the smell disappears after some time.
- It does not work on dark spots and stubborn marks.
- Jwalini Retexturizing Skin Treatment Oil is not very hydrating for very dry skin. People with dry skin should use some other hydrating oil for keeping skin nourished.
Verdict: – Jwalini Retexturizing Skin Treatment Oil is a product that delivers on most of its promises. Skin looks healthy and nourished with its regular use. Since it can be used on the entire body including the face, it works as a complete package. However, this oil is not suitable for women with very dry skin.