Fab India Aloe Vera Under Eye Gel Review
Product Claims: – This unique formula contains aloe vera gel that reduces puffiness and revives tired looking eyes. Regular use helps reduce dark circles and prevents wrinkles. The gel inside is very clear and carries no smell. Only little product is required to cover the under eye area.
Feels light on application.
Easy to spread.
Instant cooling sensation.
Ingredients: – Purified Water, Aloe Vera Extract, Glycerine, Triethanolamine, Carbopol, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben.
How to use: – Apply gently around eyes.Spread the gel and massage a little into the skin.
Price-INR 240 for 25 ml.
My Experience: I bought Fab India Aloe Vera Under Eye Gel online and have been regularly using it since last few weeks. I keep it in the refrigerator for some time before using it and love how instantly it soothes my eyes. However, the product has not impressed me much as it not very hydrating and does not reduce puffiness.
What I like about the product :
- Fab India Aloe Vera Under Eye Gel is a lightweight gel that soothes the under eye area.A cooling sensation is felt after it is applied.
- It reduces puffiness to a slight extent(only!).
- As the brand claims, only a little product is required everytime you use it.
- It contains Aloe Vera and Glycerin. These two ingredients are very commonly used in skin care products and are well known for the beauty benefits these offer.
- It is an affordable eye gel.25 ml of this product comes for INR 240.
What I don’t like about the product:
- It is very sticky and is not completely absorbed into the skin.In fact, it just sits on the skin which is very annoying. I can rub the product off my skin once it is dry.
- With ingredients like Aloe Vera and Glycerin, I had expected it to be really hydrating. However, my dry skin feels very tight and stretchy after using this.I am sure this gel will not work on wrinkles and fine lines as it is not moisturizing enough. However, this product should be fine for people with oily skin.
- It does not work on dark circles.I have used it for about a month now and do not see any visible results(And my dark circles are not very stubborn).
- If you do not like to use products with parabens, the ingredient list will be a major letdown. It contains parabens(Parabens are a class of widely used preservatives in the cosmetics and personal care industry. For more information on Parabens, Read HERE).
- Tub Packaging-Reasons why tub packaging is a major letdown (always!)
The product gets contaminated if not handled properly and the efficacy of the ingredients is affected after coming in contact with air.
It is important to ensure that wet and dirty hands are not used while handling the tub.It is better to use a dry and clean spoon for this purpose. The product should not be exposed to air for too long(I wonder if it is really possible) or the ingredients will lose their effectiveness.
The product is the tub is not hygienic to use if the same is being handled by several people.
Verdict:–Fab India Aloe Vera Under Eye Gel is a lightweight gel that slightly works on puffiness.It gives a cooling sensation to the eyes.If you have oily skin and are looking for a product to soothe tired eyes, then this product can be purchased.However, if your concern is dry skin, dark circles or wrinkles then this product is not meant for you.
Beauty Tip:- Keep eye area healthy and free of fine lines. Follow these beauty tips:
- Use a broad spectrum sunscreen at least 20-25 minutes before stepping out in the sun.
- Wear sunglasses to cover the eyes.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water to keep skin moisturized and hydrated
- Use a moisturizing eye cream to delay aging.