Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm With Pomegranate Oil Review
Product Claims: Give your thirsty lips a whole lot of love with our lip balm with antioxidant-rich Pomegranate Oil. 100% natural, it happily hydrates and revitalizes your lips with a hint of color for an even, beautifully toned appearance.
• Packed with the power of Pomegranate Oil.
• Sweet Pomegranate flavor.
• Single tubes and twin pack available
Ingredients: helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d’abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor
How to use: Apply balm liberally to lips as often as needed.
Price: $3.30 / INR 772 for 4.25 grams.
Packaging: Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm With Pomegranate Oil is available in a simple yellow twist up tube. The cap is a deep shade of maroon which is similar to the color of the balm.
My Experience: Burt’s Bees is a brand which focuses on making simple products with natural ingredients. A fan of natural approaches to skincare and haircare, I have used many of their products, some of which are excellent!
The product that I am reviewing today is Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil. I bought it a few months back and had completely forgotten about it till I found it last week in one of my bags. Enriched with pomegranate oil, this 100 % natural lip balm has a deep pink color and a medicinal fragrance. Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm leaves no hint of color on the lips and I am not a fan of its herbal scent either. The fragrance, however, disappears in some time.
Coming to the product, this lip balm contains pomegranate oil which is great for the skin. Despite the presence of such a wonderful ingredient, Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm does not provide adequate hydration to dry lips. I have used it religiously for the past one week and did not find it effective on my lips. It is very waxy and keeps sitting on the lips without moisturizing them. The staying power of this lip balm is also poor and I have to reapply it after 1-2 hours.
The weather is changing and I will look for some other hydrating product that is effective in the coming winter months.
What I like about the product:
- Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil is a 100% natural product.
- Because of its medicinal fragrance and taste, I am not tempted to lick my lips. Licking lips is bad as it can dry them out.
- Twist up tube is sturdy and travel-friendly. I am not a fan of the products that come in a tub because of two reasons-(i) Tub packaging is not hygienic to use. (ii) The ingredients lose their efficiency after coming in contact with air.
What I don’t like about the product:
- Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil does not provide sufficient hydration to the lips.
- Its fragrance is not pleasant.
- Staying power is low and I need to reapply it after every 1-2 hours.
- Expensive- While Burt’s Bees is a commonly available brand with great prices in the U.S., this lip balm is very expensive in India and its availability is also an issue.
- If you are looking for a pigmented lip balm, this product will disappoint you!
Verdict: Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil has left me disappointed and I will not be buying it again.